Fake News Chrome Extension
Chrome Extension to help fight Online Misinformation
To create a tool that can assist members of the public to be more vigilant in the face of online misinformation. To that end, we are developing a Chrome extension that can:
- Evaluate the quality of an article
- Alert the user of clickbait or subjective content
- Suggest related fact-check “ClaimReview” articles
Here’s an article on Trump
Clicking on “View Fact Check” brings you to
Unfortunately, many Singapore fact-checks, even those that are on Snopes, are not in the DataCommons database.
Backend Endpoint API:
- Python 3
- Flask + Gunicorn for serving
- Keras and TensorFlow-MKL for AI/DL inference
Threading and Batching is used to speed up inference on an Intel Skylake SP running on Google Cloud Compute Engine. A typical page takes 1 second for inference with the 3 NLP models we currently have in place.
GitHub repository for the backend.